The Uneedit Manufacturing Company, the original Australian First Aid Company was established in 1934 by Mr E. M. Davies and was located on the second floor at 90 Pitt Street, Sydney. Mr A. W. McClelland purchased Uneedit in 1938. It has remained in the ownership of the McClelland family to the present day.
Also in 1938, Mr A. W. McClelland purchased a motorcycle and side box to provide speedy deliveries around Sydney. Over the years be became a familiar figure around town with his motorcycle and hat brim turned up in the wind.
During the war period a rep was used in the inner city area selling to offices and small businesses from a large travel case, using the tram system to move about.
In 1939, Uneedit moved to larger premises at 126 Cleveland Street, Sydney which was closer to the main industrial area of Sydney at the time. During these war years, when petrol was rationed, a pushbike with a carry basket was used for some of the deliveries around the densely populated industrial areas of Waterloo, Redfern, Annandale, Broadway, Newtown, Marrickville, Alexandria and St Peters.
Later, they relocated to the more central premises at 19-21 George Street, Redfern. Uneedit Manufacturing Co. at this time made a lot of its own products i.e. dressings under the Heal-O-Plast & Heal-O-Band brands, well known at the time antiseptics Vyzol and Toxil. A burn solution Needax, a tea tree oil based product known as Teetrene Ointment, was very popular. Sylene Eye Drops (Golden Eye Drops) and Crystal Eye Lotion were the main products manufactured.
In 1946 an ex-army Harley Davidson was used by Mr Mac (as he was known) to speed up servicing and deliveries as the business expanded after the war.
During the 1950's the then Manager Mr Roylett, developed the motto "First In First Aid", which to this day is a registed trademark of our company.
By 1961, the Company had expanded and needed larger premises and also at this time became a Proprietry Limited Company and thus changing the name becoming Uneedit Supplies Pty Ltd. Located at 238-240 Henderson Road, Alexandria, the business expanded throughout Australia over the next 25 years.
By the late 1980's manufacturing had ceased and a move was made to a larger warehouse at Campsie. In 1995, further expansion necessitated a move to premises at Condell Park, and in 2004 to modern premises in Milperra where Uneedit Supplies is located today.