clear

Sign In

your password
check_boxKeep me signed in

Can't access your account? | Register

phone1300 135 899
assignment_indRegister
shopping_cart
GET IN TOUCH
2000+
HAPPY CLIENTS
SEE THE BENEFITS
30%
SAVINGS ON ITEMS
ONSITE SERVICE
852
CALL OUTS MADE
INVENTORY
4,000+
PRODUCTS IN STOCK

A BRIEF HISTORY
THE UNEEDIT SUPPLIES COMPANY


The Uneedit Manufacturing Company, the original Australian First Aid Company was established in 1934.

The original location of the business was 90 Pitt Street, Sydney.

Soon to be purchased by Mr A.W. McClelland, this business has remained in the ownership of the McClelland family to the present day.

In 1938, Mr A.W. McClelland purchased a motorcycle & side box to provide speedy deliveries around Sydney. Over the years he became a familiar figure around town with his motorbike and hat brim turned up in the wind.

During the war period a rep was used in the inner city area selling to offices and small businesses from a large travel case, using the tram system to move about.

In 1939, Uneedit moved to larger premises at 126 Cleveland Street, Sydney which was closer to the main industrial area of Sydney at the time. During these War years, when petrol was rationed, a pushbike with carry basket was used for some of the deliveries around the densely populated industrial areas of Waterloo, Redfern, Annandale, Broadway, Newtown, Marrickville, Alexandria and St Peters.

Later, they relocated to the more central premises at 19-21 George Street, Redfern. Uneedit Manufacturing Co. at this time made a lot of its own products ie. Dressings under the Heal-O-Plast & Heal-O-Band brands, well known at the time antiseptics Vyzol and Toxil. A burn solution Needax, a tea tree oil based product known as Teetrene Ointment, was very popular. Sylene Eye Drops (Golden Eye Drops) and Crystal Eye Lotion were the main products manufactured.

In 1946 and ex-army Harley Davidson was used by Mr Mac (as he was known) to speed up servicing and deliveries as the business expanded after the war.

During the 1950s the then Manager Mr Roylett, developed the motto - First In First Aid -, which to this day is a registered trademark of our company.

In the early 1960s, Mr A.W. McClelland asked his son, Mr W.B. McClelland or Max as he is more commonly known, to assist with deliveries on a part-time basis. The Company had expanded and needed larger premises and also at this time became a Proprietary Limited Company and thus changing the name becoming Uneedit Supplies Pty Ltd. Around this time Mr A. W. McClelland handed the Management over to his son Max, but still worked occasionally overseeing the business. Uneedit was now located at 238-240 Henderson Road, Alexandria, and expanded throughout Australia over the next 25 years.

By the late 1980s manufacturing had ceased and a move was made to a larger warehouse at Campsie. In 1995, further expansion necessitated a move to premises at Condell Park and in 2004 to modern premises in Milperra where Uneedit Supplies is located today.

Uneedit Supplies in now in its third generation of McClelland ownership, after Mr W.B. McClellands retirement in 2008 at which time he handed the reigns over to his three children who are very proud to be part of this family legacy.

Let's Talk
WE ARE HERE TO ASSIST YOU, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.

Join Our Mailing List

GET UPDATES ON OUR LATEST NEWS & OFFERINGS.